MOBdiary

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Snowflake Cookie Favors






The last snowflake cookie has been rolled, cut, baked, iced and bagged! Phew! I am so pleased to have this task accomplished before Christmas! I started mixing up the several batches of sugar cookies on my first day off work, Wed. December 20 and by 3:30 pm Saturday, December 22, we were finished! On Wednesday Andy helped me get started on Wednesday and placed the silver balls on the iced points of each snowflake cookie I had baked that day ... Thursday Rachel and Christine, one of her bridesmaids helped out ... Rachel applied the labels to each of the cello bags, punched holes to thread the ribbon through and cut lengths of ribbons; Christine cut the "thank you" cards, punched holes in each of the cards and got a good start placing cookies into the bag, threading the ribbon through the bag, affixing the thank you cards and snowflakes and tying the bags close while I continued to roll out, cut & bake cookies. The girls ran out of decorated cookies so I switched gears, whipped up some royal icing. Christine and I "painted" on the icing while Rachel affixed the silver balls. Andy and I finished icing the last of the cookies and bagging them all on Saturday. Andy organized all the cookies to coordinate with the table seating plan and boxed them up, being careful to insert bubble wrap and tissue paper between each table of cookies. What would I do without him?!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home