MOBdiary

Friday, December 08, 2006

Finalizing Reception Details




Wow, just when you thought you had things under control... there is definitely MORE to planning a reception than I realized. Do we need/want a gift table? any food allergies? high chairs? when will the speeches take place? can the servers clear tables during the speeches? etc. etc. ... when you're being asked these kinds of questions you know it's getting down to the wire!



After the kids decorated the family Christmas tree on Sunday afternoon, (Dec 3) Rachel, Tyler, Andy and I went to the Ranche for our "sample" dinners and had a very pleasant time, the only thing was, it was so hard deciding on just one dessert so we're going with 2 - both chocolate, (one nut free) ... our guests do not have a choice of what they receive but will be free to swap or sample from each other's plates. Hope that adds to the comfortable, casual feel we're aiming for!!

My mother, niece Chantelle and Rachel have a nail appointment set up for Wed. Dec 27. Going to a nail appointment is the LAST place I'd ever expect to see Rachel at - it's so NOT her, but she was easily persuaded by the excitement expressed by Chantelle and Grandma, not to mention the twinkle in my mother's blue eyes! I'm sure she won't regret the experience and not to Rachel's surprise, I've asked if I can tag along to take photos - I'm not about to miss a photo op! Needless to say I won't have any problem filling in all the "free time" I'll have after the wedding drawing upon my life artistry skills to put together wedding albums. Ok, ok, I know, I'm forever the optomist ..... "free time" is something I'll find in between working full time, my involvement with CREW Calgary, choir and general life!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home