MOBdiary

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ok, so this is a new experience!! I now have my first & only blog which came about as a result of trying to "post" a reply to Rachel's wedding blog. Come to think of it, having a blog will be a good thing - I can use it to record my thoughts & feelings about our first child's wedding and all the planning that has to happen between now and December 30th! I have to confess, whenever I thought of the day when Rachel would one day marry, that day would be years off in the future; I had lots of time to worry about that then, not now! But then she and Tyler had other plans ... I was abruptly jerked out of my "someday way off in the future" fantasy land. They broke my comfort bubble! First off, I am too young to have a daughter who is getting married .... when asked the ages of my children, I have grown accoustomed to responding that they are both "in university". Yes, my children are still in school ... after all, that is where children are typically found! But our children are 19 and 21 which means they are also adults.

Adult:
1. One who has attained maturity or legal age.
2. Biology. A fully grown, mature organism.

Adults make grown up decisions like getting married. *sigh* Let me reassure you I'm not delusional. I know they are are adults. As parents, Andy and I have done our best to prepare our children to make their own decisions (guiding them through the process), be responsible and accountable for the consequences of their actions. I knew this day would come; but I just don't feel like I've prepared myself well enough to embrace it. But then again, I have a whole 7 months to adjust. Come to think of it, when Rachel moves out of our home, we'll have a spare room to decorate! We've always wanted an office/study room.....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home